Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Five of your Earth goals

The svelte and delectable Emily tagged me with a meme of my Five Goals.

So here we go:

1) Write and record an album of material I’m proud of. Not much of a request, eh? Hehehe... All of the things I’ve recorded across the eleventy-billion years of my life, whether with a band or as a solo artist, have always seemed a little not quite finished. Or at least, not as complete as I’d like. Any musos reading this will be rolling their eyes, knowing that one is never, ever satisfied with the finished product. Ah, but I didn’t say satisfied, did I? Just something to be proud of, before my left hand stops working for good and I’m unable to walk unaided. That would be nice, thankyouverymuchindeed.

2) Get my studio built. This kind of goes hand in hand with the next point, but as I have a 50-metre (150ft, for all the flat-earthers out there) back garden with an invitingly empty far end, coupled with a house with far too many computers, guitars, keyboards and other electronica crammed into it, I really ought to sort out my creative workspace and get a studio built. I'll probably be having one of these, should the finances work out. At least it should be easier to assemble than the shed, which took so much jiggling and botching it was unbelievable (big shout-outs to those who put the damn thing up - GD & Jos!).

3) Pay off my debt. I have far, far too much credit card debt dragging along behind me. Really quite horrible amounts. :-( So, across the next few years (yes, it really will take that long) I aim to reduce it to much more manageable levels, if not rid myself of it entirely. As the business is taking off again, that may not be too much of a stretch.

4) Stop being scared. Emily also had this in her version of these answers. I also have a propensity for backing out of difficult situations, presumably based on a fear of fucking up. Even though I’m an outgoing, gregarious type generally, I have black periods where I just can’t get moving at all and fail to see why anyone would be interested in what I have to say, or what I can do. This obviously becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Still, in reference to Emily’s post, I could always, always take out a clown if it got remotely threatening. I’m a mean motherfucker when I get shirty. ;-)

5) Get fitter. Passing forty hasn’t necessarily left me in a heap of extreme unfitness on the floor, unable to move, but it certainly has gracelessly pointed out a few of the things I don’t seem to be able to do of late. Not that this is irredeemably lost, just that I need to actually do something about it. I couldn’t give less of a shit about grey hair and wrinkles, I just don’t feel like carking it just yet.

And there you have it. Onto tagging others, here are some carefully selected victims...
Good Dog
Brian Sibley
Will Dixon
Alex Crouzen
Caroline
LitBrit
LaraG
IQCrash

So, go to it, my army of robot warriors! Conquer the world with your goal-tastic goodness!

9 Comments:

At 11:20 am, Blogger IQCrash said...

I'm on to you.

This ploy to get me to soften up and talk about something other T&A will never work! Never!

I'll give in to your five goals post, but don't think for a moment that just because I do, I still don't love boobs.

Because I do.

 
At 1:03 pm, Blogger Riddley Walker said...

You could always list five different ways that T&A rule the world... ;-)

 
At 1:15 pm, Blogger Alex said...

Dagnabbit! Another meme to follow. *grumble* - But I'll do it of course :)

Oh, if you're after functional buildings for in your back yard, maybe give these people a look-see

http://www.amhilton.co.uk/home.html

That's where our first wad of lottery winnings will go to (after paying off the mortgage and loans) as soon as we win.

 
At 1:18 pm, Blogger IQCrash said...

Oh you'd like that, wouldn't you? Waste all my wishes on T&A, then when the genie disappears I'm left holding my jewels and a case of herpes.

I don't think so, buddy.

 
At 5:42 pm, Blogger Emily Blake said...

Men who show their sensitive side on relcutant occasion get more boob.

 
At 6:47 pm, Blogger IQCrash said...

Have you read my latest blog entry? I've got so much sensitive side in it it's coming out my ears.

That's how I roll.

 
At 10:21 pm, Blogger Lara said...

Thanks for the five goal tag, mate! At present, that's gonna take a lot of thinking...but I will endeavour to obey. Just this once.

Great log cabin, btw, although this is the one I have my eye on. http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=102069&ts=03802&id=20170

It offers shed AND log cabin space. Not a bad price either, methinks!

 
At 2:49 am, Blogger ME said...

ok, done

it helps to tell someone you've tagged them, btw

and you didn't answer my email from the other day

 
At 10:06 am, Anonymous Garden features said...

That's incredible ... the write up is mind blowing and shares amazing content..... Thank you !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home