Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Off to the land of prog...

I’m going to be spending the next couple of weeks attempting to brush the rust off my songwriting skills (such as they are) and embarking on the path of coming up with some new tunes for an old band. The old band I was in about a million years ago, Lahost, to be precise.

I’ll keep you posted when there are demos to hear. Hopefully they’ll be an unpretentious take on progressive rock, though I may well succumb to the temptation to be overblown and ridiculous... ;-)

In other news, I’ve been back in contact with some old pals from back then, notably drummer Brian Devoil of Twelfth Night, who I’ll be working with to see if we can produce a live concert DVD of one of their shows from footage shot back in 1983. Gawd, I bet Emily wasn’t even alive then... ;-)

6 Comments:

At 9:52 pm, Blogger Andy Phillips said...

You literally rock. And moan. And bang your head against the wall.

Just kidding. Good luck with it.

I'm the drummer in a covers band, and I love it. We do an extraordinary rendition of Sparks' This Town Ain't Big Enough for the Both of Us. Does that count as prog?

 
At 1:52 pm, Blogger Callaghan said...

We want MP3s!!!! Hit the recording studio!

 
At 10:00 pm, Blogger Emily Blake said...

Was too. I was in Kindergarten, thank you very much.

 
At 11:17 pm, Blogger Riddley Walker said...

Hehehe... Just teasing, oh feisty one!

Cal: I will, as soon as I can.

Pillock: You're damn right it counts! I used to do that in a covers band too - such hilarious lyrics too. Sparks - what a band...

 
At 12:07 pm, Blogger Andy Phillips said...

We're all trying to master the tall guy's mad stare.

 
At 5:30 pm, Blogger Brian Sibley said...

Enjoy!

Log the highs and lows for future blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home