Monday, March 12, 2007

The Tag-O-Tron

Or, Riddley’s Believe It Or Not! (what a shameless rip-off merchant...)

Brian Sibley, who has been moderately revealing (which is, I think, the point) has tagged me to come up with five things that no one (or most people) won’t know and then tag five other bloggers to carry on the game…

Here are my five “Secrets of Spencer Shame”. Or something.

I…

1) Posed nude for a variety of photographers…
My life is finite, and I’m going to try as many things as possible on the way. Why be ashamed of nudity? Too English and repressed for me... ;-)

2) Once took up the euphonium…
It was at school, and everyone else had already had all the good instruments, like the violins, trombones and flutes. By the time I got to “choose” something, I ended up being handed a lump of brass I’d never heard of. Soon abandoned when I discovered “rock” and guitars. Mwaaahhahahahaha...

3) Was the recording engineer on the Chesney Hawkes “I am the one and only” sessions…
I know. I’m sorry. Really I am. I was young, I needed the money...

4) Sung onstage at Wembley Arena...
I was the keyboardist for Kym Mazelle, who was the support act for Alexander O’Neal during his ’90-’91 European tour. She had previously scored a minor hit with a song with Doctor Robert of the Blow Monkeys called “Wait” and, as he was unavailable for the tour, I got to come out from behind the Rick Wakeman-esque tower of synths and sing his part. Excellent fun! By the latter stages of the tour, I was onstage during Mr. O’Neal’s set too!

5) Spent a fabulous evening with Traci Lords…
Who was witty, erudite, charming and disarming. Of course, during dinner, I fell for her completely and couldn’t give a fig for what people may or may not think of her past. ;-) She was absolutely adorable and, having watched the small indie film Chump Change in which she co-stars, is an actor of some note. Check it out.

That’s five quite possibly uninteresting things, and now I’ll tag:

Emily
Oh Caroline-ah
LitBrit
Callaghan
Alex Crouzen
Big Will Dixon, Texas Ranger
(apologies if I’ve tagged someone who’s had quite enough of this sort of thing)

So, what FIVE things about you doesn’t anyone know? Tell me if and when you blog details of your secret life and I’ll post a link.

Thanks again to Brian.

13 Comments:

At 11:04 pm, Blogger ME said...

Veddy veddy intewesting.

Can't wait for the others to reply.

Maybe you'll motivate Callaghan to post ... he's been skiving off the last three odd weeks, you'd best post on his site and let him know you tagged him.

 
At 1:47 am, Blogger Riddley Walker said...

And I’m going to slip you in instead of Will, as he’s already done it, I now see. D’ohh!

 
At 4:16 am, Blogger ME said...

Me and my big gob. Lesson learned. I've played a similar game, but what the heck, I've lots of skeletons, er, Caroline trivia.

 
At 4:39 am, Blogger Emily Blake said...

Ok. Challenge accepted. I even gave myself a theme.

 
At 5:08 am, Blogger ME said...

OK, done.

 
At 8:35 am, Blogger Alex said...

Egads, I've been tagged... As long as your charming companion doesn't sluice things back to my other half... ;) hmmmm...

 
At 10:26 am, Blogger Riddley Walker said...

Fear not, fella. It’s all safe here. No-one reads my blog.

Emily, Will, Caroline, Good Dog, Ian, Brian... I made them all up...

Mwahahahahaaaa...

 
At 11:58 am, Blogger Alex said...

I must be a figment of your imagination then as well. I thought I felt weird.

Anyways, I posted my 5 bits. Haven't found anyone else to tag yet though...

 
At 2:46 pm, Blogger Deborah Newell said...

Okay, I've done my Five Unknown Things.

But the husband knows about all of them, I think, with the possible exception of the roast beef one.

 
At 11:37 pm, Blogger wcdixon said...

Hmmm...I was there, and then I wasn't. Was it something I said?

 
At 4:04 am, Blogger ME said...

I'm sure we can arrange for you to be re-tagged, Will. Is Callaghan still alive, BTW? He's gone totally quiet for over a month. Isn't he done at CFC now?

 
At 9:14 am, Blogger Riddley Walker said...

@Will: I spotted you’d already done it, and thought it might be a bit tedious for you to do it again. But, if you’ve got that many skeletons in the closet, whip ’em out for the audience, I say!

Consider yourself re-tagged! ;-)

And I echo Caroline - see if you can boot Callaghan up the rear and get him posting again.

Says the man who has huge gaps in his posting... :-/

 
At 6:36 pm, Blogger Callaghan said...

I'm feeling the love, feeling the love. Yeah, I've been off touring Finland with my band. We have a huge hit single over there.

Okay, that's a huge lie. Just been busy and burned out.

But three days late, I've finally stepped up with my Five Unknowns. If I had any idea how create a link in the comments section, I would....

Thanks for the tag Riddley.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home