Thursday, September 07, 2006

Not waving/not drowning/not sure...

Focus.

It's a lovely thing to have, driving you onward in work and leisure, helping you achieve tasks in record time and inspiring others.

Trouble is, sometimes it just ups and leaves without even closing the door, giving you the uneasy feeling that it might not be back any time soon. If at all.

One of my most treasured friends calls times like these "Treacle Days", the analogy being that it's like trying to swim through treacle and no progress seems to be made for all the effort that might be going in.

Having had a great start to the week, some recent events have derailed the whole thing. All the momentum built up on Monday and Tuesday seems to have gone, and work seems an insurmountable obstacle. Intellectually, I know this to not be the case, plus I'm armed with a few handy-dandy little tricks to sneak back into the work habit while part of me looks the other way, so I know that it will pan out fine in the end.

One of the things I love doing is helping other people out. Especially if they hit situations like this.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to ask for help any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home