Saturday, July 15, 2006

I got a new phone!

Having more than a passing knowledge of 'things technical' is both a blessing and a curse.

THE BLESSING:

EXT. DAY - THE DECK OF AN EYE-WATERINGLY EXPENSIVE YACHT.

A RUGGED BLOGGER lounges nonchalantly in a deck-chair, his powerful body relaxed, yet poised for action as he idly casts his expert eye over the latest stock prices on his platinum-shelled laptop.

A DEVASTATING ACTRESS emerges from the lower deck, carrying two glasses (made of diamond) filled with the most expensive cristal in the universe. She sits adjacent to THE BLOGGER, hungrily eyeing his bulging portfolio.

DEVASTATING ACTRESS
(sitting next to rugged blogger)
"I can't get this £150 phone to charge, so I'm throwing it away."


RUGGED BLOGGER
(sporting a wry grin)
"If I get it to work, can I have it?"


DEVASTATING ACTRESS
(realising she is defenceless against the brutal onslaught
of his hysterically unbelievable ruggedness and manlitude)
"Sure. Now we must have sex until I expire..."

They shag themselves to death.

FADE OUT.

Three days later (and back in the real world), a delivery from eBay gives me a generic battery, one of my many USB cables hooks the phone to my G5 and voila! I now have a free, flashy Motorola V3 flip-o-tronic phone. A quick visit to a local phone unlocker and £10 later, my simcard is in it and giving me unfettered access to the world of full-colour, stupid ringtones and "Hello Moto". Hmmm...

THE CURSE:
About ten hours of installing software on a friend's computer because I stupidly let people know that *I* know how to do it...

Ho hum. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home